Saturday, January 14, 2012

Geek Chic

As a female genre fan, my geek fashion choices are severly limited.  Most female genre clothing is designed for guys and stuck on a baby doll tee.  And we are supposed to just accept this?

Ashely Eckstein didn't think so.  She started Her Universe.  It's a website for female genre fans to find genre clothing that was designed for them.  Ashley, who stars as Ashoka Tano on Star Wars: The Clone Wars, noticed a need for genre clothing and, well, started a mini empire.  She has created a place for female fans to talk openly, buy cool stuff, and help other fans.  You can read more about Ashley's awesome mission on her Blog.

It's the Her Universe Logo!

I was inspired by Ashley's mission and decided to take matters into my own hands...kind of. 
I stumbled across this website called Polyvore as I was Pinning everything under creation.  It's this great site where you can go and create outfits.   I'm pretty sure that I am in love with a website.  I mean, where else can you go and make outfits without actually spending money?

That being said, I am going to be using Polyvore to create outfits that celebrate my inner geek.  Some of them will be obvious, like my first shot below, and some will be slightly more subtle.  This is going to be fun!


Today's selection is inspired by The Green Lantern!  
Geek Chic


Allude cashmere cardigan
€229 - veryeickhoff.com

Green t shirt
$24 - superherostuff.com

Boot cut jeans
£14 - peacocks.co.uk

Converse black shoes
$90 - generalpants.com.au

Mulberry leather handbag
$1,450 - mulberry.com

Toy Watch green watch
$195 - bloomingdales.com.


See what I meant by obvious?  My next one will be more subtle.  I think.

I have a few posts that I am actively working on besides this one.  Of course, one is about Buffy, because I am me, and I love Buffy.  One is also about Firefly.  Why is one about Firefly, you ask?  Cause I am a Browncoat dang it!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment