Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy Nerd Year Everyone!

Yup.  I said Nerd Year.

Why am I calling it Nerd Year?  Because the movies are coming!!!  Are you ready for it?  Because I am going to give you a list of all the nerdtastic films that are being released in the next year...and that I am going to see.

And here they are, in no particular order:

The Amazing Spiderman
The Hunger Games
The Avengers
Prometheus
The Hobbit
Wrath of the Titans
Men in Black III
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Snow White and the Huntsman
Mirror Mirror
Battleship
Chronicle
Jack the Giant Killer
The Dark Knight Rises
John Carter
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Underworld: Awakening
The Divide
Haywire


Obviously, I am a glutton for punishment because a few of those movies look as cheesey as hell.   For example, Ghost Rider.  I know I am going to regret it, but I am still going to have to see it.  Same goes with Battleship, G. I. Joe, both Snow White films, Men in Black, Wraith of the Titans...you get where I am going with this.

Maybe I should tell you what I am most excited about.

I am thrilled that there is a new Peter Jackson film coming out.  Seeing The Hobbit will be amazing, I have no doubt.  I know King Kong had it's haters, but no one can deny that the Lord of the Rings trilogy changed cinema forever.  His use of motion capture technology (and Andy Serkis's peformace as Gollum) showed filmakers what special effects should be and put WETA digital on the map as the go to effects house for future films. 

Ridley Scott goes back to the franchise that made both James Cameron and himself household names.  That's right, Mr. Scott is returning to the Alien universe with his newest film, Prometheus.  I think.  I'm not real sure.  In the trailer, there are no face huggers, no Queens, nothing to overtly suggest the movie is set in that world, but the hints are there, if you are a fan.

I don't know anyone who isn't excited to see Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises.  Now, I don't know about you, but I remember back when good ole Bruce got his back broken by Bane in the comic books and was replaced by the blood thirsty Azazel.  I also remember my dad buying both my brother and I a copy...and not letting us read it.  He didn't want us to damage the book.  Long story short, I have been waiting on pins and needles to see if Nolan actually puts Batman through that.  The fangirl in me is excited.

I already have a date for this next movie.  And when I say date I mean my father.  So it's not actually a date at all.  The Avengers are assembling!!!  Joss Whedon is directing this movie, and I couldn't be more thrilled about it.  Joss is one of those men who, when able to do his thing, as it where, he makes magic.  I mean come on, this is the man who brought us Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog!  And with the cast involved in this movie, I see no bad here.

What movies are you excited about in the coming year.  There will be a plethora of offerings for all types of movie goers, not just the Science Fiction genre.

I'm going to have my next post up soon. It will be about stuff, featuring more stuff, with a side of Buffy.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment